Green Cleaning is defined as cleaning to protect health without harming the environment.
Because the last thing you want to do is dump toxic chemicals into the environment in the name of cleaning, right?
Save money and protect your health with these effective green cleaning tips:
1) Employ green cleaning products. Use Seventh Generation and Method brand cleaners, or better yet, make an all purpose cleaner by mixing equal parts white vinegar & water in a spray bottle.
2) Clean your indoor air naturally. Install a living air filter— houseplants! Try out Spider plants, English ivy, rubber plants, and peace lilies.
3) Swap out your Swiffer. Instead of continually buying expensive single-use mop pads, invest in a reusable mop or microfiber pads.
4) Ditch the paper towels. Save trees, cash and landfill waste. Use microfiber towels, newspaper (great for glass cleaning) or give a new life to a worn out T-shirt!
5) Replace dryer sheets. Pour a few drops of an essential oil onto a wash cloth and throw it in—reuse forever by adding a few more drops each time.